Friday, January 13, 2006

Objectives

I would like to inspire and motivate my students and co-workers , hone my skills as an EFL instructor and discover new tools for learning process.

My overall goal is to create a learning environment that is:

Supportive, where all students can be exposed to a meaningful learning experiences;

Authentic and contextually based, building on the students’ own knowledge, interests, and cultural schemata;

Learner-centered, where students can identify their own needs and goals and construct their own knowledge through creativity and inquiry;

Cognitively engaging and intrinsically interesting, where students can learn through speaking, listening, reading and writing;

Cooperative, where students learn from each other; and

Innovative, through the integration of technology into the curriculum

In my teaching, I attempt to:

Accommodate the needs of individual students to help them feel capable, confident, and independent;

Keep myself informed about current educational trends and practices.

Encourage risk-taking as part of the learning process;

Stress the importance of students interacting with other native speakers and supporting intra-classroom participation;

Help students become autonomous, self-motivated, learners; and

Increase students’ self-efficacy through self-assessment surveys and criteria-referenced formative evaluation.