Friday, January 13, 2006

Professional Aims

When I first started teaching more than ten years ago, I found it a profession of challenges. Challenges came in the form of large class sizes, long hours, limited teacher resources as well as cultural and life adjustments. Through these experiences, I have amassed a rich catalogue of memory and knowledge that is evident in my work. Now, I only wish to further and enrich this learning experience. As an educator, progressive learning is the essential goal of the work (for students and teachers). During my years in UAE, I have found that getting effective student results is an exciting, if not always easy task. Today, I am seeking an independent, critical and challenging environment to further my skills as an educator. I wish to further my teaching skills and at the same time deepen my learning and understanding of CALL, Arab culture and people.